All no/none much/many some half, any most little/few each. Все эти слова могут употребляться с существительным:
– Some children are very noisy.
– Did you put any sugar in my tea?
– I’ve got no parents.
– All computers have monitors.
– We have very little money, and very few friends.
– Study each example carefully.
– Most people do not walk in this district.
– Mike is much more talkative than most children.
– There were many dresses in the shop. Each was a different colour.
Эти слова могут употребляться без существительного:
– `I need some milk. Have you got any?’ `Yes, but not much.’
– `How many sisters has Helen got?’ `None.’
– Most people like Sam but some don’t.
Эти слова могут
Когда вы используете эти слова с предлогом of, вы также должны употреблять слова the/ this/ that/ these/ those/ my/ your/ his и т. д.: some of the people, all of these cars.
– Some of the people at the conference were very friendly.
– Most of my students are from London.
– None of this money is his.
– Each of the towns in this country has its own government.
– I haven’t read many of his tales.
Со словами all и half мы обычно опускаем предлог of:
All my friends
Half the money
После all of/ none of и т. д. также можно употребить it и us/ you/ them :
– `How much of it have you eaten?’ `Not very much.’
– `How many British scientists do you know?’ `Not many.’
– Do any of you want to drive?
– `Do you like his poems?’ `Some of them. Not all.’
Помните, что предлог of очень важен: all of us, half of them.