Посмотрите на список конструкций существительное + предлог. Иногда и другие предлоги возможны – более подробную информацию см. в хорошем словаре.
A cheque FOR :
– They sent me a cheque for $ 50.
A demand / a need FOR something:
– The firm closed down because there wasn’t enough demand for its product.
A reason FOR something:
– The train was late but no-one knew the reason for the delay.
A rise / an increase / a fall / a decrease IN something:
– There has been an increase in road accidents recently.
An advantage / a disadvantage OF something:
– The advantage of living alone is that you can do what you like.
Однако говорят `there is an advantage in doing something’:
– There are many advantages in living alone.
– Nobody knows what the cause of the explosion was.
A photograph / a picture OF someone/something:
– He always keeps a photograph of his wife in his wallet.
Damage TO something:
– The accident was my fault, so I paid for the damage to the other car.
An invitation TO a party / a wedding etc.:
– Did you get an invitation to the party?
A reaction TO something:
– I was surprised at his reaction to what I said.
A solution TO a problem / an answer TO a question / a reply TO a letter/ a key TO a door:
– Do you think we’ll find a solution to this problem.
– The answer to your question is `No’!
An attitude TO/TOWARDS someone/something:
– His attitude to/towards his job is very negative.
A relationship / a connection / contact WITH someone/something:
– Do you have a good relationship with your parents?
– Police want to question a man in connection with the robbery.
Однако: a relationship / a connection / contact / a difference BETWEEN two things:
– Police have said that there is no connection between the two murders.
– There are some differences between British English and American English.