– I didn’t enjoy the book. The story was so stupid.
– I didn’t enjoy the book. It was such a stupid story.
Мы употебляем so с прилагательным без существительного: so interesting.
Мы употебляем such с прилагательным c существительным: such an interesting story.
Мы употебляем so с наречием: so carefully.
So и such усиливают значение прилагательного.
So long но such a long time
So far но such a long way
So many но such a lot
So much но such a lot
Сравните so и such в следующих предложениях:
– I like Tom and Ann. They are so nice.
– I like Tom and Ann. They are such nice people.
Часто мы говорим so…that..и
– I was so tired that I went to bed at seven o’clock.
– She worked so hard that she made herself ill.
– It was such lovely weather that we spent the whole day in the garden.
– The book was so good that I couldn’t put it down.
It was such a good book that I couldn’t put it down.
Вы можете опустить that в этих предложениях:
– I was so tired I went to bed at 7 o’clock.
В этих предложениях мы употребляем so и such разным образом:
– I expected the weather to be mush cooler. I didn’t expect it to be so warm.
– I’m tired because I got up at 6 o’clock. I don’t usually get up so early.
– Hurry up! Don’t walk so slowly.
I didn’t realise it was such an old house.
So long но `such a long time’;
So far но `such a long way’;
So many, so much но `such a lot ‘:
– I haven’t seen him for so long that I’ve forgotten what he looks like.
– I didn’t know you lived so far from the city centre.
– Why did you buy so much food?