Перефразируйте предложения, используя констркцию but for:
Pattern: It began to rain and we didn’t go for a walk.
But for the rain we would have gone for a walk.
1. He wants to go fishing but he has a bad cold.
2. He could not see the play as he had some work to do.
3. She was not alone in the house. Her husband lay asleep in his room after the night shift.
4. I don’t want to tell you this. But I promised to.
5. In the end he went to see the doctor. His wife made him to.
6. He didn’t die. The operation saved him.
7. We didn’t have a very good time after all. The weather was too bad.
8. It was impossible to read the inscription in the dark. Then he remembered he had a torch.
9. He has the makings of a good teacher but he has a slight defect of speech.
10. Of course I want to help you. But I’ve a conference today.
11. He had a good
12. It was only because the ice was so good that she could set a new record.
13. I could do it all in so short a time only because of your kindness and understanding.
14. You can’t do it only because of a certain lack of concentration.
Ответы к упражнению:
But for a bad cold he would go fishing. But for the work he had to do he could have seen the play. But for her husband she would have been alone in the house. But for my promice I would not tell you this. But for his wife he wouldn’t have gone to the doctor. But for the operation he would have died. But for the bad weather we would have had a very good time. But for the torch he couldn’t have read the inscription. But for a slight defect of speech he would be a good teacher. But for a conference I would help you. But for a good guide he would not have climbed the mountain. But for the good ice we could not have set a new record. But for your kindness and understanding I couldn’t have done it all in such a short time. But for a certain lack of concentration you could do it.