Мы говорим go to/come to/travel to, когда речь идет о местах или событиях. Например:
Go to America
Come to England
Return to Italy
Fly to Moscow
Walk to work
Drive to the airport
Go to the bank
Go to a party
Go to a concert
Be sent to prison
Be taken to hospital
Go to bed
Мы говорим get to :
– What time did you get to London/work/the party?
Мы говорим go home/come home/get home и т. д. :
– I’m tired. Let’s go home. – What time did you get home last night?
I have been to = Я побывал где-то; Я ездил
– Have you ever been to Japan?
– I’ve been to Rome four times.
– Ann has never been to a football match in her life.
– Jack has got plenty of money. He has just been to the bank.
Go into/come into и т. д. = enter :
– I opened the door and went into the room.
– Don’t wait outside! Come into the house.
– The man the police were chasing ran into a shop.
– A bird flew into the room through the window.
By car / in my car
Мы используем by…, чтобы сказать, каким образом мы путешествуем:
– `How did you go to Paris?’ `By plane.’
– Tom usually goes to work by bicycle / by car / by bus / by train.
Однако, мы говорим `on foot’:
– Did you come here by car or on foot?
Однако, нельзя сказать by, если вы говорите `my car/the train/a taxi’ и т. д.
Говорят `in my car’ , `on the train’ .
Для машин и такси мы употребляем in: in my car, in Tom’s car, in the car, in a car, in a taxi.
Мы говорим get in /get out of машины или такси:
He got into the car and drove off.
Для велосипедов и общественного транспорта мы употребляем on: on my bicycle, on the bus, on the 6.45 train, on a big ship.
Мы говорим get on/get off :
Quick! Get on the train. It’s ready to leave.