Посмотрите на список конструкций глагол + дополнение + предлог:
Prefer someone/something TO someone/something :
– I prefer tea to coffee.
Protect someone/something FROM someone/something:
– He put sun-tan oil on his body to protect his skin from the sun.
Provide someone WITH something:
– The school provides all its students with books.
Regard someone/something AS something:
– I’ve always regarded you as one of my best friends.
Remind someone OF someone/something :
– This house reminds me of the one I lived in when I was a child.
– Look at this photograph of Tom. Who does he remind you of?
Однако: remind someone ABOUT something :
– I’m glad you reminded me about the party. I had completely forgotten it.
Remind someone to do something.
Sentence someone TO :
– He was found guilty and sentenced to six months’ imprisonment.
Spend ON something:
– How much money do you spend on food each week?
Note that we usually say `spend doing something’:
– I spend a lot of time reading.
Throw something AT someone/something :
– Someone threw an egg at the minister while he was speaking.
Однако: throw something TO someone :
– Ann shouted `Catch!’ and threw the keys to me from the window.
Translate FROM one language INTO another language:
– George Orwell’s books have been translated into many languages.
Warn someone ABOUT someone/something :
– I knew she was a bit strange before I met her. Tom had warned me about her.
– Everybody has been warned about the dangers of smoking.